Lying just west of Caswell Bay, Brandy Cove is a small beach of low-tide sand and rock-pools, backed by pebbles and flanked by low limestone cliffs and caves. Galena (lead ore) was mined here, and the gated-off entrance to the All Slade mine can be seen at the back of the beach. Parking is either at Caswell Bay or at Pyle Corner, Bishopston. From the latter, the coastal path is about ½ mile away, and reached along the appropriately named Brandy Cove Road and a good, wide footpath. Final access to the shore is down a short, steep path with steps. Dogs are allowed on the beach at all times, and swimming is generally safe. There are no facilities, but Caswell Bay is just a 10 - 15 minute walk away along the coastal path.
Many legends are associated with this beach. As its name suggests, it was together with neighbouring Pwlldu Bay a haven for smugglers in the 18th century, who landed illegal cargoes of tobacco and alcohol. Another tale is that of a haggard woman known as Old Moll who lived in the caves and was supposedly a witch, bringing disease and misfortune wherever she went. Also, just before Christmas 1919, a girl called Mamie Stuart was murdered in the vicinity and her remains hidden behind boulders in the mine, where they remained undiscovered until 1961.